Design Abilities – Design for an Inclusive Society
14.00 p.m.: Start
14.30 p.m.: Panel 1 - Change action by design
• Hélène Fontaine, Designer, Burg Giebichenstein, Halle (Saale)
• Helena Kiefer, Designer, University of Applied Sciences Darmstadt
• Prof. Dr. Tom Bieling, Hochschule für Gestaltung Offenbach
The participants of the Hessian State Prize Universal Design 2022 have shown with their thoughtful products how everyday life can be made easier. Conventional and never questioned processes in daily life can be made easier through thoughtful design. Ideally, design contributes to an improvement in the quality of life for all. The participants can provide specific information on this and broaden the view from the micro level of product design to the macro level of social design. The discussion raises awareness of the possibilities of socially responsible design processes.
3.30 to 4.00 p.m. - Break
16.00 p.m.: Panel 2 - Simple design for complex problems
• Anne Bansen, Designer, Berlin
• Kimia Amir-Moazami, Designerin, Design Academy Eindhoven
• Prof. Dr. Philipp Oswalt, University Kassel
The current transformation tasks of our society can also be supported at the level of social systems with the help of socially responsible design. Be it in housing or urban development, in communication between doctors and patients or in intercultural exchange - everywhere design can help to break down physical or immaterial barriers.
17.30 p.m.: Umtrunk im Garten der Landesvertretung